Watch Repair Logo
Antique Watch Repair Home Antique Wrist Watch Repair Antique Pocket Watch Repair Antique Chronograph Repair Contact for Antique Watch Repair Services

16 size Hamilton open face 956 model 16 size Hamilton open face 956 model 18 size Hamilton 926 open face model in 17 jewel 18 size Hamilton 926 open face model in 17 jewel 992e Hamilton open face Elinvar balance anti-magnetic 992e Hamilton open face Elinvar balance anti-magnetic Hamilton 12 size open face grade 912 17 jewel Hamilton 12 size open face grade 912 17 jewel Hamilton 12 size open face pocket watch grade 910 Hamilton 12 size open face pocket watch grade 910 Hamilton 16 size, multi-color solid gold hunters case lever Hamilton 16 size, multi-color solid gold hunters case lever Hamilton 992 open face Montgomery dial Railroad grade Hamilton 992 open face Montgomery dial Railroad grade Hamilton 992b 21 jewel Railroad with boxcar dial Hamilton 992b 21 jewel Railroad with boxcar dial Hamilton 992b Railway Special 21 jewel open face Hamilton 992b Railway Special 21 jewel open face Hamilton Ball 999 with a stirrup bow 21 jewel Hamilton Ball 999 with a stirrup bow 21 jewel Hamilton military pocket watch, government issue Hamilton military pocket watch, government issue Hamilton model 940 21 jewel Railroad pocket watch Hamilton model 940 21 jewel Railroad pocket watch Hamilton model 959 23 jewel open face railroad pocket watch Hamilton model 959 23 jewel open face railroad pocket watch Hamilton open face 16 size model 956 pocket watch Hamilton open face 16 size model 956 pocket watch Hamilton open face model 974 pocket watch Hamilton open face model 974 pocket watch Stainless steel Hamilton 992b railroad pocket watch Stainless steel Hamilton 992b railroad pocket watch Hamilton model 968 open face 17 jewel Hamilton model 968 open face 17 jewel Hamilton model 976 pocket watch Hamilton model 976 pocket watch Hamilton model 922 23 jewel Hamilton model 922 23 jewel Hamilton lever set model pocket watch Hamilton lever set model pocket watch Hamilton custom dial -  Model 920 Hamilton custom dial - Model 920 Hamilton Military pocket watch 4992b model Hamilton Military pocket watch 4992b model Hamilton Railway special Hamilton Railway special

Hamilton Pocket Watch Repair

Hamilton pocket watches have long been considered some of the most refined instruments ever made. These unmatched timepieces were created so brilliantly - that it's not uncommon for them to perform dependably for several lifetimes. Many of the Hamilton watches that were 1st. made in 1892 remain performing as they did when new. I've serviced and repaired hundreds of Hamilton pocket watches over the decades and would be very happy please you with my guaranteed and dedicated customer service. Your family and their heirloom deserve nothing less.



Hamilton Watch company was born in Lancaster Pennsylvania where it's visionary owners focused on creating the finest portable time keeping instrument ever made. This goal soon became their reputation and their top quality pocket watches became prized railroad grade timekeepers. Their 13 acre design and manufacture facility created instruments of the highest grade, including but not limited to railroad grade watches, certified marine chronometers for ship going navigation and many types of critical military timing devices for WWII and beyond. Their main focus however was to create and make available - handsome and accurate timepieces for the consumer - be it designed for use on the wrist or in a pocket. They were never intended to be unrefined, or comparatively affordable. Quality was their goal and because of this, they remain today very repairable and collectible.
 watch dial refiningshing
When you've read this page that focused specifically on my Hamilton pocket watch repair services and want to learn more about having me return your Hamilton pocket watch back to it's proper dependable and functional state, please read more here: http://www.watchrepair.cc/pocketwatches.html

Hamilton Pocket Watch Serial Numbers / Dates:

1893 - 2,000

1894 - 5,000

1895 - 11,500

1896 - 16,000

1897 - 27,000

1898 - 50,000

1899 - 74,000

1900 - 104,000

1901 - 143,000

1902 - 196,000

1903 - 260,000

1904 - 340,000

1905 - 435,000

1906 - 500,000

1907 - 580,000

1908 - 680,000

1909 - 750,000

1910 - 790,000

1911 - 860,000

1912 - 940,000

1913 - 1,000,000

1914 - 1,100,000

1915 - 1,200,000

1916 - 1,300,000

1917 - 1,400,000

1918 - 1,500,000

1919 - 1,600,000

1920 - 1,700,000

1921 - 1,800,000

1922 - 1,900,000

1923 - 2,000,000

1924 - 2,050,000

1925 - 2,100,000

1926 - 2,150,000

1927 - 2,200,000

1928 - 2,250,000

1929 - 2,300,000

1930 - 2,350,000

1931 - 2,400,000

1932 - 2,440,000

1933 - 2,480,000

1934 - 2,520,000

1935 - 2,560,000

1936 - 2,600,000

1937 - 2,900,000

1938 - 3,200,000

1939 - 3,400,000

1940 - 4,000,000

1941 - 4,250,000

1942 - 4,500,000

950B w/ 1st letter S

1941 - S001

1944 - S1,500

1945 - S2,800

1946 - S4,000

1947 - S4,500

1948 - S6,500

1949 - S7,500

1951 - S10,000

1955 - S25,000

1962 - S28,000

1965 - S30,000

950B w/ 1st letters

2B 1941 - 2B001

1942 - 2B400

1943 - 2B800

3992B - 1943 to 1945

4992B w/ 1st letters 4C

1941 - 4CXXXX

1942 - 4C40,000

1944 - 4C90,000

1950 - 4C120,000

1960 - 4C135,000

1968 - 4C145,000

992B w/ 1st letter

C 1940 - C001

1941 - C40,000

1942 - C60,000

1943 - C90,000

1944 - C120,000

1946 - C170,000

1947 - C215,000

1948 - C255,000

1950 - C350,000

1951 - C390,000

1954 - C420,000

1956 - C455,000

1959 - C500,000

1964 - C520,000

1969 - C529,200



Hamilton pocket watches were made in many variations: size, case material, case configuration, models based on era, innovation and unique purpose. Regardless of the Hamilton pocket watch that you own, know that it's a spectacular timepiece that can again be a faithful daily companion. I've a considerable archive of authentic Hamilton pocket watch replacement parts from all eras should we need them in the support of the repair of your Hamilton pocket watch.

Hamilton pocket watch movements were manufactured in 5 different sizes - in both hunter's and open faced cases:

18 size models: 922 15 jewel, 923 15 jewel, 924 17 jewel, 925 17 jewel, 926 17 jewel, 927 17 jewel, 928 15 jewel, 929 15 jewel, 930 16 jewel,931 16 jewel, 932 16 jewel, 933 16 jewel, 934 17 jewel, 935 17 jewel, 936 17 jewel and 19 jewel, 937 17 jewel, 938 17 jewel, 939 17 jewel, 940 21 jewel, 941 21 jewel, 942 21 jewel, 943 21 jewel, 944 19 jewel, 946 23 jewel, 947 23 jewel and model 948 17 jewel,

16 size models: 950 23 jewel, 951 23 jewel, 952 19 jewel, 954 17 jewel, 956 17 jewel, 960 21 jewel, 961 21 jewel, 962 17 jewel, 963 17 jewel, 964 17 jewel, 965 17 jewel, 966 17 jewel, 967 17 jewel, 968 17 jewel, 969 17 jewel, 970 21 jewel, 971 21 and 23 jewel, 972 17 jewel, 973 17 jewel, 974 17 jewel, 2974B 17 jewel military, 975 17 jewel, 976 16 jewel, 977 16 jewel, 978 17 jewel, 990 21 jewel, and model 991 in 21 jewel.

12 size models: 900 19 jewel, 902 19 jewel, 904 21 jewel, 910 17 jewel, 912 17 jewel, 914 17 jewel, 916 17 jewel, 918 19 jewel, 920 23 jewel, 922 23 jewel and model 400 in 21 jewel.

10 size models: 917 17 jewel, 921 21 jewel, 923 32 jewel, and the 945 23 jewel

0 size models: 981 17j, 982 17 and 19 jewel, 983 17 jewel, 985 19 jewel and the Lady Hamilton model in 23 jewel.

I hope that my efforts to enlighten about your Hamilton pocket watch was successful. Please feel free to learn more about my guaranteed pocket watch repair services by visiting my pocket watch repair page: http://www.watchrepair.cc/pocketwatches.html

I look forward to working with you on your special Hamilton pocket watch project. I promise you a safe and satisfying experience.

The formation of the Hamilton Watch Company:

Adams & Perry Watch company Sept. 1874 - May 1876
Lancaster, Pennsylvania Watch company Aug. 1877 - Oct. 1887
Lancaster, Pennsylvania Watch company, Nov. 1887 - May 1979
Keystone Standard Watch Company 1886 - 1890
Hamilton Watch Company December 14th. 1892 - 1969

The Adams & Perry Manufacturing Company

This company has probably stopped and started more times during it's career than any other American each company has ever done during a life's period of time. Organized as it was with insufficient capital, it's history seems to show one continuous struggle for existence.

But not to generalize too much, let us begin by saying that early in the year 1874, Mr. J.C. Adams opened a correspondence with parties in Lancaster, Pa., looking to the formation of a watch company in that city. In the month of April he went to Lancaster and issued a prospectus, dated April 23 1874, in which it was stated that with a capital of $100,000 a company could be formed, factory erected, and ten watches a day turned out. $78,000 was subscribed by 70 stockholders, prominent among whom were Messrs. J.C. Adams, E.H. Perry, and E.J. Zahn, each of whom subscribed $5000.

At a meeting of the stockholders held June 13, 1874, a Board of Directors was elected, and on June 15th., the Board met to elect officers. As the stock had been subscribed with the understanding that Mr. Zahn was to be President, Mr. Adams, General Business Manager and MR. Perry, Superintendent, this operation involved but little trouble. John Best, a $3000 stockholder was elected Vice-President, J.C. Adams, Secretary and John B. Roath, Treasurer.

The company received it's charter and was duly incorporated on September 26, 1874, being known as the Adams & Perry Watch Manufacturing Company. Some of the stock holders demurred at the adoption of this mane, saying that if Adams & Perry should ever sever their connections with the company and start another company under the same have. it would bring about unpleasant competition. Their objections were, however, overruled.

The prospectus had spoken of a payroll of $15,000 per annum, but this proved to be for officer only - $5000 for a President, who had no previous experience whatever in watch manufacturing: $5000 to Mr. Adams as General Manager: and $5000 to Mr. Perry as Superintendent. Upon the election of officers, a 10% installment of the subscribed capital was called for, after looking for a location for a machine shop in which to commence operations, it was decided Jun 19th. to use Mr. Best's ice-house, he to furnish power in consideration of the improvements the would make.

Most of the first employees were stockholders in the company and in some instances the figures would seem to indicate that their salaries were somewhat in proportion to the amount of stock for which they had subscribed. The company also contracted for the use of Perry's patents, consisting of the patent design of plate and an improved method of stem-setting. a devise of which they agreed to pay Mr. Perry a royalty of $3.00 on each and every movement produced.

By the early part of August, several propositions regarding a location for the factory had been received and a committee of six stockholder was appointed to act in conjunction with the directors in choosing a site. It was resolved to accept the proposition of Mr. C.A. Bitner, at that time a merchant in Lancaster, and a stockholder in the company to deed to the company, in fee simple, three acres of land on the Columbia Turnpike, a mile west of the center of town and just within the city limits. Mr. C.L. Styles, an architect of Lancaster, drew a plan for the factory and work on the building was commenced in September 1874. The factory was sufficiently completed in June 1875, to accommodate the shareholder at their annual meeting in that year. The building stands facing Columbia Avenue, about one hundred feet from the road, and located on an eminence over looking a magnificent landscape for several miles around. The center building is 50 feet square and three stories high, with east and west wings 50 feet by 78 feet, two stories and basement. A dial house was added on the north early in the Spring of 1879 and a wing with offices in 1881. The cost of the building had been estimated at $21,000 but really exceeded that figure considerably. The City gas and water works companies have extended their mains to the company's building so they have the advantages of the large factories having their own gas and water works.

A statement of the affairs of the company at this date (June 1875) showed $78,000 of the $100,000 to have been subscribed. Of this amount $48,000 had been paid in installments as called for and $14,000 had been paid in full. Up to this time everything was harmonious but at this time the directors agreed to disagree. It had been Mr. Adam's idea from the commencement to make about 10 watches per day, these to be very fine ones. The grades were to be limited to three and the escapements, hairspring, etc. were to be imported. By following this plan, he calculated that the factory could be run at a profit. Mr. Perry, however now proposed to change the old scheme and make everything in the factory. He made a report that he could produce an escapement etc. at a cost not exceeding $2000 additional, and that the delay would not be more than two months. The plan was adopted against Mr. Adams protest and he resigned his position as manager of the company and later as secretary, being succeeded in former capacity by Mr. Perry and in the latter Mr. C.A. Bitner. That Mr. Perry shot wide of his mark in that respect, the subsequent history of the company clearly shows.

The new building was occupied by the company July 1875. A report of Mr. Perry's dated October 1, 1875, states that they commenced making material for watches in the month proceeding. Mr. Thomas E. Stoddard, formerly with Messrs. E. Howard & Company, was engaged as foreman of the train room, and Mr. C. Bickford as foreman of the escapement room: Mr. J.F. Wright, formerly at Elgin was also engaged as for men of the machine shop and Mr. C.L. Styles as draftsman. The contracts with the foremen were for five years, barring fire or failure of the company. In December of that year, they found themselves in need of further funds and issued bonds for $25,000, secured by real estate and machinery of the company, Jacob Bausman and J.C. Hager being the Trustees. The bonds were not sold, but were hypothecated with Lancaster Insurance Company for $10,000. On the 25th. of February 1876, Mr. Abram Bitner made a proposition to take the bonds at 80% of their face value, provided that he should be allowed to convert them into stock at an time he should desire to do so. This proposition was accepted in March following and the transfer made.

The company was yet pushed for funds and an inventory was taken to get at the true state of affairs. The result showed tools and machinery amounting to $77,296. with a bonded indebtedness of $25,000 and a conferable floating debt. It was thought that watches could be gotten ready for the market by May but something would have to be done to tide over affairs until then. A statement by the management was accordingly made, reciting that $45,000 additional capital would be required to put the concern on a paying basis. A meeting of stockholders was called and an effort was made to increase the capital stock to $250,000 but no new capital was secured.

On the 7th day of April, 1876, the first movement was reported finished, this movement had of course been rushed through ahead of the regular course. It was 19 size, having snap dials and pillar plates turned down and made with Perry's patent stem setting arrangement. It was thought be to make a movement of a different size form the regular 18 size movement and thus compel the dealer to buy a case with every movement.

Now came a time when it began to look rather dark as pay days had to be postponed and on May 16 1876, the company closed it's doors and on a week from that day a meeting of stockholder was called to consider what action was best to take. The President, Mr Zahn reported the factory closed. He said they had been disappointed in the time it had taken to have watches read for market, thus entailing upon the company a greater expense than they had calculated upon. The result was that all capital, including the amount realized from the sale of the first mortgage bonds, had been expended and an indebtedness of $20,000 incurred. He further said that they were unwilling as a board, to go forward under these circumstances, preferring to submit the affairs of the company to the stockholder that why might decide what was best to be done. A report of the liabilities of the company was presented, and which showed them to be $44,568.06. The following resolutions were then offered for consideration: First: That the Board of Directors be increased from five to eleven. Second- That all contracts with operatives be annulled. Third- That the patents owned by E.H. Perry shall be assigned to the company, with the reservation that if Mr. Perry should leave the company, he shall have the right to allow one other company use them. Fourth- That the royalty hereafter to be paid to Mr. Perry shall be $1 for each movement. Fifth- That convertible mortgage bonds to the amount of $65,000 shall be issued and sold to the stockholders at 80% of there nominal value, and any part of the same remaining unsold shall be put on the market at an advance of not over 20%. Also, that the capital of the company be increased to $250,000 and Mr. A Bitner be appointed Manager.

These resolutions were all carried with the exception of the gift, which was amended as to allow the Director to raise, by convertible mortgage bonds, or by any other mess, $50,000. The Directors resigned and a new Board of eleven was elected composed of Messrs. A. Bitner, C.A. Bitner, Samuel F. Rathfou, Dr. H. Carpenter, J.P. McCaskey, E.J. Zahn, H. Baumgartner, B.F. Eshelman, H.S. Curran and John Best.

No stock was subscribed for nor bonds issued and some of the creditors were clamorous. The Board met at a special meeting and on June 10, 1876, made an assignment to C.A. Bitner, the Treasurer. The public sale of the properly took place a short time after, and was bought by Dr. Carpenter for a syndicate that had been formed, the price being $47,000 subject to a mortgage of $5000 held by Bitner. The syndicate thought it a good investment at that price. Mr. Bitner, as agent for the syndicate issued a circular in August advertising the plant for sale. Several parties cam to examine it but no buyer was found at the price asked. It therefore laid idle for a year. In the summer of 1887, Mr. W.N. Todd, for many years with the Elgin Company came to Lancaster and examined the machinery and material on hand. He then reported that with $20,000 he could finish up and put on market 800 movements within a year that were in process of manufacture with the old company closed. In this number were included quite a number of unfinished movement which the old com pay had hypothecated for a loan previous to the assignment.

THE LANCASTER PENNSYLVANIA WATCH COMPANY

ON the strength of this report, the Lancaster, Pa. Watch Company was formed from members of the syndicate in August 1877 and work commenced September 1, 1877. The cash capital put in at this time was $21,000 divided into seven shares of $3000 each and held by the following named partner: Eshelman and Rathfou, H.S. Gurand Bitner and Hostetter. This, in addition to $47,000 previously paid for the plans, represented an investment of $68,000. Mr. A. Bither was General Manager of the new company and Mr. Todd, Superintendent. Mr. Perry remained on as a draftsman. Mr Basney cam to take charge of the train room and Mr. Newton of Waltham. had charge of the escapement room. The machine shop was started with a force of 15 men, as many small tools were required for use in the factory and much of the machinery was rusty and out of repair, it was found necessary to close the place until the necessary repairs could be made. Owing to the limited amount of capital that could be spared to make these repairs, Mr. Todd was unable to fulfill his contract with the company. He stayed on during the balance of the year to assist Mr. Mosley in the designing and modeling the new movement which the company had in prospect. Certainly if the modeling succeeded, as these two gentlemen are accounting among the best in that line in America. The new movement was top three quarter place, a pillar plate, was fully ruby jeweled, 4 1/2 pairs and was made in both gilt and nickel. The new stem winding device being modeled by Mosley and Todd. Only a few of the old Adams & Perry movements were ever finished as the company began to alter their machinery for the manufacture of the new movement. The bulk of the old movements were thrown into scrap, although some had the jewelling don and escapement matched and some gilded.

By the first of February, 1878, the new company had assumed some proportions as they had 45 names on the payroll. By the first of June 1878, this number had increased to 63. On September 7, 1878 - the capital stock was again increased and an invitation was extended to the residents of Lancaster to visit the factory and inspect the works. Subscriptions to stock were solicited but non were obtained. September 30, 1878, the factory closed it's doors once more until more money could be raised. C.a\A. and A. Bitner, joint owners of the $25,000 mortgage bonds, now offered to capitalize their bonds, providing the citizens would rains $10,000 additional. $7000 was finally raised and Mr. Bitner subscribed the remaining $3000. This new capital to the amount of $3000 was put into the business, although it was only by the liberal offer of the Bitners and the assistance of the local newspapers that this was accomplished.

So far, they had only produced the grade of watch called the Lancaster Watch Company to the extent of 100 to 150 movements, bu they no decided to put a new series of watches on the market. These were to be known as the try finest series of stem-wind. The model was a 3/4 plate, 3 pillar each, with a single roller instead of two as previously made. This new mode of stem wind referred to was one of Mr Mosely's designing had a tilting set bar with stem to pull out. In February 1897, the main part of the work on the old movements was dropped except as called for, on man being kept at work on them. Before the new movements were ready for the market, the company found themselves out of funds again, as usual, and a meeting was called in April to devise means for obtaining additional capital.. The company had not expected to out of funds so soon, but work had been pushed forward with great vigor. The Directors endeavored to borrow $20,000 and give an indemnity bond, bit it would not work, as all the stockholders would not sign it.

May 9, 1879, a new company was formed, called them Lancaster Watch Company, who leased the property from the old company for three years with the privilege of 6% interest on the capital, on a basis of $80,000 the interest on the real estate at a valuation of $50,000 and pay the taxes and insurance. They were to keep the machinery in good repair and return the in as good condition as when received: and were to construct from time to time, such mew machinery as was required - deducting the same from the interest on the $80,000. John I. Hartmann, was elected President, J. Skyles - Treasurer: J.P. McCasky - Secretary and A. Bitner - Manager. The new movement started by the previous company was pushed toward completion and the first movements were turned out in August following. They were 19 size and but the company soon decided to change to 18 size and fit them in Howard cases. They were designed to be brought out in four grades, called the "Keystone" , "Fulton", "Franklin" and "Melrose", but some other grades were also added. 125 hands were employed and watches were turned out at the rate of 10 per day. At that time the company intended to adjust their movements to make only fine grades. They might possibly have succeeded had they not once more, strange to relate, run out of funds. At a meeting held September 18, 1879, a full and free interchange of views took place. Matters were finally mended by taking in new partners with new capital. Mr. B.F. Breneman being admitted to the amount of $4000 and Louis L. Harlum taking the place of Mr. Gundecker. Later in the Fall of 1879, the second series of movements was started, consisting of thee movement in which the yoke was fastened to a plate by screws. Business went along quite smoothly for several months, so that by the 1st. of October 1880, 1,250 movements had been completed and the December pay roll of that year amounted to $6,706.

In January 1881, the partnership capital was doubled, making each partner's share $8000 instead of $4000. At the time, the Lancaster Watch Company bonded the property for $50,000 and took up the Lancaster (Pa.) Company's mortgage for $25,000. In June of that year, Mr. C.S. Mosely resigned the position of Superintendent. He was succeed shortly after by Mr. Russell Lyle, who had previously been foreman of the springing room. During the Fall of 1881, the company started another new series. These movement had the yoked fastened in the center by a screw, in the regular way. They also had intermediate winding and set wheels and were arranged to set by means of a lever. The third series were ready for market in May 1882. During 1880. the company was making 40 movements per day with a force of 175 employees. In 1881, 60 movements per day were turned out with the same number of employees. In 1882 the production rose to 75 per day. The total production from march 1881 to March 1882 was 17,607 movements.

During the year 1882, a new grade was announced, called the "Lancaster, Pa.". It was a high grade, cap jeweled escapement, having end-stones, gold settings, and expansion balance. It was made both nickel and gilt and had a Breguet hairspring. About 200 of these movements were made. The "Delaware" was also added at this time. It was made in nickel and gilt and had a patent dust proof core for the escapement. The "William Penn" was still another grade started that year. In the Spring of 1883, 5 grades of ladies' eight size movements were commenced, but only a few were ever finished - not more than 50 to 75. Thirty grades of movements were made in all, including the ladies' movements, which is a large number for a small product.

April 1 1883, the Lancaster Watch Company surrendered it's lease to the Lancaster , Pennsylvania Watch company. The two companies now consolidated, forming a new company, the factory being temporarily closed. The new company organized with the capital of $248,000 on the basis. As the old stockholders had been assessed to pay the indebtedness of the company, $48,000 of the new stock was placed in the trust to be sold for their benefit. This stock was vacated pro rate by the stockholders, but no buyer was found. The factory opened April 16 1883 and ran until May 15 1883, when it closed again, there being some difficulty with some of the foremen regarding pay during the two weeks the factory had been closed. The Board conceded to their demands and the factory was again started May 21. Mr Bitner at the time tendered his resignation by ti was no accepted. He was however , granted a leave of absence and went to California for a few weeks. July 31, 1883, the factory closed again. Mr Bitner had meanwhile made an assignment of his private business. Several thousand movement were under way and a proposition was received from the foremen and other in the factory to invest 38% of their wages in the stock held trust, and have the factory go on. The factory was opened again on August 15th. but the proposition from the foremen was not carried into effect after the first month as there was some dissatisfaction regarding it. The Board borrowed $25,000 on a bank note and work was pushed. By January 1, 1884, a Committee was appointed at the instance of Mr. A Bitner to investigate the affairs of the company. The Superintendent now resigned. At this time the indebtedness of the company amounted to about $100,000. Mr. Bitner now made a proposition to the stockholder to take their stock free of charge and assume the indebtedness of the company.

This was agreed to by a number of the largest stockholders, Mr. Bitner giving the proper security. HE then bought other stock at .10 cents on the dollar, thus becoming the owner of 5,625 shares out of 8,000 shares. The old officers and directors resigned and a new Board was elected. This, as will be deadly seen, put Mr. Bitner into the virtual ownership of the company and as his name as his name has been mention so often in connection with the rise and fall of the corporation - a little sketch of him may not be out of place.

Fragments of the 1885 C.S. Crossman works entitled Watch Making in America, unknown publisher



Hamilton Pocket Watch Repair
The Hamilton Watch Factory - Lancaster, Pennsylvania
The Hamilton watch company's factory was built in 1875 then known as the Adams and Perry Watch company. Hamilton watches were made on these grounds until 1969. Fortunately this great and important building wasn't demolished like so many other watch factories and continues to live on after being converted to condos known as the Clock Tower Apartments.

Contact terry@watchrepair.cc 
Watch Repair Services

Watch Case Repair Services
For Wrist Watches
For Pocket Watches
Military Watches
Chronograph Repair Services
Mailing Instructions

Shipping Instructions
Contact WatchRepair.cc
Home
Everything Else


Meet the Watchmaker
How A Watch Works



Copyright Notice © 1999-2016 Terry Nelson
All rights RESERVED. All material on this Website, including text, photographs, graphics, code and or software, are protected by international copyright and trademark laws. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not copy, modify, republish, reproduce, post, distribute or transmit material on this Web Site, in any manner.
www.watchrepair.cc   www.watchparts.org